Monday, December 31, 2012

New Beginnings...






It's almost a new year, and with that the thrill of anticipation and the joy of discovery awaits!
 
For myself, 2013 promises to be a year of personal growth and change. Indeed, as CNN's constant drone of the fiscal cliff threatens from the television inside, I am blissfully poised in my art studio, anxious and ready to embark upon one of the most exciting and meaningful years of my life.
 
This is the year to share my artistic voyage...unedited.  After 11 years of painting, this blog provides a platform for me to document this life as an artist.  Struggles, successes, fears, joys, random musings, humor and well...you get the idea.  Mainly intended to document my journey, should you want to come along, I hope it also inspires and entertains you!

So what would the new year be without a stout resolution?  Here we go...
 
Starting January 2, 2013, for 30 days I will be finishing a painting a day...an ambitious commitment.  It's an exciting challenge, yet I will be in good company with some 200+ other artists.
 
This opportunity is presented by Leslie Saeta, a fabulous artist who lives in Pasadena, California.  I don't know her personally, but listen to her voice almost daily as I am painting or on the treadmill.  She has a podcast I stumbled onto entitled "Artists helping Artists".  It is an incredible show, and I am grateful to have found her.  Check out Leslie's blog too...it's filled with all kinds of great stuff!
 
 
Happy New Year to you and yours...I'm going to go drink champagne.





No comments:

Post a Comment